Friday, September 17, 2010

Aloha from the big island!

doing a little night fishing.i'm currently trying really hard to learn the guitar.painting bunk beds for the new students.reunited with my friend Jiin!


Here are just a few pictures of my life in Kona since I've been back.  I just finished a week of SBS training, it was overwhelming! We read through all the students applications and prayed for each of them (so far we have 24 students), went through the manuel, and got trained in grading assignments.  I know, sounds exciting right?! K, so maybe not, but I know it's necessary, I just want the students to get here already!! As I've been praying for the students, I've been getting so excited to get to know them. Some of the young girls were very open and honest in their applications, and I got choked up a few times just reading about their heartaches. I'm so thankful that our God is a God of healing and restoration. Please join me in praying for my students, that God would prepare their hearts for the crazy journey they are about to embark on. 
I'm so excited, tomorrow I'm going to a hidden place where you get to see lava at the volcano here! should be crazy..
Lots of love and aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment