Friday, July 1, 2011

Goodbye Kona...hello Oahu.

So I left Kona on Thursday. Packed up my apartment, handed back the keys, sold my moped, said what felt like a thousand goodbyes, and got on the plane. It was sadder than sad. But also exciting.  We flew to Oahu where we are staying for 2 days to relax/prep for outreach.  It's been nice to see the island a bit and get to know my team better. Also, I got to reunite with my dts staff and best dts buddy, Virgil, after 8 years (how has it been that long since my dts?!). It was really strange....like seeing someone completely out of context. But he showed us around Oahu all day and it was so fun to catch up with him, and catch up on the happenings of all our dts friends. Tomorrow we get to work officially....time to get serious! The students will be prepping their Bible teachings all day, and then giving them in front of us. We also have some teaching stuff to prep so it'll be a busy day. Then Sunday morning we get on the plane to Nandi, Fiji!!! It's all seeming a little surreal at this point. But so excited to get there and get started on outreach....
Jill and I this afternoon 

Virgil and me :)
thank you all for your prayers and i'll try to keep you posted as best as I can.

1 comment:

  1. hey rach, praying for you! looks like you had a great day, so nice to reunite with your friend!
    xo mamamamaa

    ReplyDelete